My Introduction, Background, and Plans Going Forward

Seven years after barely graduating high school, I was at community college in 2014, uncertain about my life's direction. Initially, I struggled through general education classes. Still, I persevered, and little did I know that my journey was just beginning. To make ends meet, I started working at a bar in Old City, sharing stories from my past while serving tables and pouring Belgian beers. One day, a patron became captivated by my tales and handed me his business card, saying, "When you get your life together, give me a call." Two and a half years later, I mustered the courage to email him, and he helped me secure an interview at Penn Medicine. Reflecting on my choices, I realized I had been running away from my potential and had given up on myself and my dreams. It was then that I found the courage to return to school. Surpassing my expectations, I excelled academically, earning the remaining 40 credits and achieving more than I ever thought possible. I discovered the importance of self-belief and faith in our abilities. Life doesn't always follow our plans, and moments of self-doubt will arise, pushing us to question our worth. But in those moments, we must ignite our fighting spirit, refusing to give up on our dreams. Success is not constant, and every failure is an opportunity for greatness. Through my experiences, I understood that people struggle to recognize their greatness when they lack hope, becoming vulnerable to unfavorable circumstances. I aim to change that by promoting hope in the world. I aspire to pursue a graduate degree in public health and work in the government, where I can drive tangible change. In this blog, I will share various topics, ranging from creative and healthy food recipes to the evolving landscape of nursing. Nurses have the power to change the world, and I want to inspire and support that cause. Additionally, I will advocate for the importance of nutritious eating, as it plays a significant role in maintaining a positive mental attitude. I want to spark positivity and encourage others to embrace their potential by sharing my journey and insights. Together, we can make a difference and create a brighter future.

Comments

  1. Im glad you are a changed man and shared your story with a patron who noticed your potential to change the world. I wish you all the best in your studies and hope you will get your dream job in the government.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you decided to come back to school and especially choose nursing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes on the prize

Where do we draw the line between being hard on ourselves and appreciating our accomplishments within reason?